Sunday, September 08, 2013

the rest of bacalar

We had SUCH a good time in Bacalar we decided to really drag out the day coming home.  IIRC I let the kids take a day off school and we found a rancho I'd read about and the girls took us on a horseback ride.  They really wanted to run the horses but these were not jumping horses.  Both girls did, finally, coax gallope out of both their mounts but I think they had more fun running the horses in the ring than the lovely passage through the jungle to the laguna.  Jamie and I had a GREAT time watching but riding a horse is definitely Not My Thing.  It sure was fun to have them be the masters looking out for us and telling us what to do though.



Chilling at Laguna Bacalar after the swim

 the rancho had a pool also and we put it to good use



sissy getting her mount to gallope


almost at the laguna - took about 30 minutes from the rancho


sissy giving Jamie pointers


the laguna via horseback

No comments: